Call For Papers
Journal of the National Council of Less Commonly Taught Languages
Call for Spring 2024 Journal Papers
November 1st, 2023
The Journal of the National Council of Less Commonly Taught Languages (JNCOLCTL), is soliciting articles for publication. Our general editorial focus is on policy, education, research, advocacy, and programs in the field of Less Commonly Taught Languages (LCTLs).
Articles that describe innovative and successful teaching methods relevant to the concerns or problems of LCTLs, or those that report educational research or experimentation in Less Commonly Taught Languages are welcome. Papers presented at NCOLCTL’s annual conference will be considered for publication.
Our general editorial focus is on policy, education, programs, advocacy, and research in the field of Less Commonly Taught Languages (LCTLs). The envisioned coverage of the journal is as follows:
- Methodology and Technology
- Beyond Academia
- Social embeddedness
The Journal of the National Council of Less Commonly Taught Languages shall include papers focusing on broader theoretical and technological issues in all fields of LCTLs, along with reports about research and teaching in academia, at both the K-12 and collegiate levels. Also to be included are papers addressing research and teaching in government and industry, and issues of a broader social environment, ranging from heritage communities to advancing LCTLs in federal initiatives and legislation in the USA.
Manuscripts should strictly follow these guidelines:
- A maximum of 20 pages (excluding references, charts, notes, etc.) and submitted electronically as a Word-document via the submission form (see link below).
- Follow the formatting guidelines here – (Important)
- Double-line spaced throughout, including notes, references, and tables, using 12-point Garamond font with a 1 inch margin. (Please ensure that this specified formatting is followed).
- Accompanied by a 150 word (or less) abstract and a cover-sheet containing the manuscript title, name, address, telephone number, email address, and full names and institutions of each author. (Because the manuscript will be blind reviewed, identifying information should be on the cover sheet only, and not appear in the manuscript).
Deadline: While submissions are welcome at any point, only manuscripts received by November 1st, 2023 will be considered for the Spring 2024 issue of the journal.